If you’re a marketer, it’s always a good idea to start thinking about decking the halls early. Planning ahead will give you enough time to polish your holiday marketing campaigns into winter masterpieces sure to add some magic to the holiday season.
Holiday sales are great, but we’re in the “experience era,”—the best way to resonate with audiences is through experiential marketing. Creating memorable and immersive experiences is the key to making holiday campaigns that excite and inspire.
You wished for holiday marketing strategies, so keep reading to unwrap five of our favourites to land your brand a spot on everyone’s nice list!
1. A Joyous Holiday Party
What better way to get into the holiday spirit than by hosting a party? Whether it’s in-store or at an event venue, take some notes from these experiential ideas:
Holiday promotions can and should be happening in your store. You can inject some cheer into the shopping experience by doing the following:
- Offering hot chocolate to shoppers.
- Putting up a Christmas tree decorated with mini gifts that shoppers can be eligible to pluck if they spend a certain amount.
- Creating a wishlist wall where people can write down their wishes for the season—consider granting the wish of one lucky winner.
- Setting up gift-wrapping services that are anything but low-key. From huge bows to bedazzled boxes, there’s nothing too extra for this season.
- Building a craft station where holiday shoppers can design their own stockings, ornaments, and more.
At an Event Venue
An event venue is a great place for your team to connect with people in the industry and raise awareness around your brand offline and on social media. Attract even more attention to your party by inviting influencer/celebrity brand partners to grace the event.
Entice holiday shoppers by giving them the chance to win tickets to this exclusive Christmas party. Of course, you could always incorporate some of the in-store party tips mentioned above to embody the holiday spirit.
2. A Mobile Pop-Up Truck
Everyone loves pop-up stores, so imagine how many new markets you can tap into when you launch a mobile pop-up truck.
Spread holiday cheer all over town and reach new audiences by bringing the brand experience to them, instead of waiting for them to come to you. One important tip to keep in mind is to target areas with a lot of foot traffic, such as busy shopping centres, festivals, or tree-lighting ceremonies. You don’t want to drive around empty streets!
You can also consider incorporating the following holiday marketing ideas:
- Product demos;
- Free samples;
- Games; and
- Christmas-themed activities.
3. A Very Merry Installation
There’s nothing like an obnoxiously large artsy installation to capture attention on busy streets and in crowded areas. Good big or go home this holiday season!
The key to this holiday marketing campaign strategy is to make it Instagrammable so passers-by will take the time to stop, stare, and snap a photo they’ll hopefully post.
Whether it’s a giant Christmas tree decked with your holiday collection or Santa’s sleigh carrying gift boxes filled with your incredible products, make it a point to combine both holiday messaging with your brand elements.
4. A Drive-Through Experience
Who says installations need to have a size limit? Go all out and collaborate with venues that you can turn into a mini Christmas road, park, or town. Fill the space with all things merry and magical while highlighting your brand at the same time.
Take some cues from The Concierge Club’s Polar Drive-Through event, Canada’s first multi-level drive-through experience.
Held at Toronto Pearson International Airport, it featured three light tunnels and three decor floors that embodied the North Pole itself. Featuring an immersive LED light tunnel, gold-filled scenery and lights, a designated holiday tune FM station, and Santa Claus himself, this experiential event created lasting memories for all who attended.
Image source: Instagram
5. A Wonderful Charity Event
With the holidays being the season of giving, there’s no better time to highlight how important your brand considers giving back to the community. Here are some ways to make audiences experience the warmth of your brand through charity events:
- Release a special line of holiday products of which partial or all proceeds go to charity. Consumers love supporting a good cause!
- Partner with a non-profit organization to provide sponsorships and experiential activities at their holiday events.
- Host your own charity event that gives back to a cause that your brand is passionate about, and invite your loyal customers to be a part of it.
We Bring Holiday Marketing Ideas to Life
The holiday season is the most wonderful time of the year. When you enlist the expertise of The Concierge Club, it becomes easier than ever to launch magical experiential events that even Santa himself would want to attend!
As leaders in premium experiential marketing who’ve worked with many of North America’s most notable brands, our experts know exactly how to design holiday marketing campaigns sure to win the holiday shopping season.
Let’s add some lasting sparkle to your events. Get in touch with us today.